Topics

W6EK CQP Placer County Expedition #contest

Orion, AI6JB

It's official, W6EK is registered as a Placer County expedition in the California QSO Party (CQP).  Take a look to see which counties are active so far, http://www.cqp.org/Counties-Plan-2018.html.

Everyone in the club is invited to come on out and have fun.  No experience, no general or extra license required.  If you have never worked HF before, here's your chance.  If you have never worked a contest before, here's your chance.  Radio sport is full of action. It is exhilarating, challenging, and a blast.  Above all you will take your radio operator skills to a whole new level.  The CQP will not disappoint.

The plan is to setup Friday afternoon, Oct. 5th, on a ridge near Lake Valley Reservoir off I-80 and Yuba Gap on Forest Service Road #19.  It is only about an hour and half from Auburn.  There is plenty of room to camp and spread out.  It is dry camping, i.e. no water or toilet facilities.  4x4 vehicles are not required, but, Class A motor homes are not recommended.

The contest starts at 09:00 on Sat., Oct 6th, and runs 30 hours to 15:00 on Sun, Oct 7th.  The plan is to setup two stations on 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meters in phone and CW modes.  We'll take turns keeping them both operating throughout the contest time.

If you have any questions or would like to join us, please do not hesitate to ask.

Orion, AI6JB

Gary KC3PO

We're not limited to two stations are we? You're looking at multi/multi?

Two stations is just the current plan based on who you think will be participating so far... or?

What's the plan for logging software, etc? The CA QSO version of the what we use for Field Day? I assume we'd have to network to keep track of the sequential number and so on?

- Gary  KC3PO