Topics

Call for Volunteers - Cystic Fibrosis Cycle for Life Communications Support October 7 #volunteer

Michael - N6MRP

Hello All -

Community support is an important part of amateur radio.

The SFARC seeks volunteers to provide 2 meter communications for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Cycle for Life event on Sunday, October 7, 2018.

Net Control will be on the grounds of Loomis Basin Brewery, with four rest stops spread throughout Lincoln, Granite Bay, and Newcastle. If staffing permits, we will ride with up to three SAG vehicles.

This is a great opportunity to use our 2 meter gear in field conditions and spend time with fellow club members. And hopefully the autumn weather will be pleasant!

Please let me know if you want to volunteer for this community event. If you're interested in any particular position, I've added information below for your review.

73

Mike Perry KK6GLP
Volunteer Events Coordinator, Sierra Foothills Amateur Radio Club

Position

Location

Times

Net Control (Start/Finish)

Loomis Basin Brewery, 3277 Swetzer Road, Loomis 95650

Shift 1 / Start: 0630

End: 1030

Shift 2 / Start: 1030

Close: 1445

Rest Stop 1 -

30 and 62 mile routes

McBean Park, Lincoln 95648

Start: 0735

First Rider ETA: 0805

Last Slow Rider ETA: 1037

Close: 1100

Rest Stop 2 -

62 mile route

Bywater Hollow Lavender Farm, 5950 Mt Vernon Road, Lincoln

Start: 0850

First Rider ETA: 0920

Last Slow Rider ETA: 1045

Close: 1100

Rest Stop 3 -

All three routes

Newcastle parking lot, corner of Newcastle Road and Indian Hill Road

Start: 0915

First Rider ETA: 0945

Last Slow Rider ETA: 1205

Close: 1215

Rest Stop 4 -

62 mile route

South Placer Fire Station 19, 7070 Auburn Folsom Road, Granite Bay 95746

Start: 1005

First Rider ETA: 1035

Last Slow Rider ETA: 1326

Close: 1330

[...]