Topics

2020 California QSO Party "CQP" -- Save the Date! #contest

Orion, AI6JB

Hi Everyone,

The 50th running of the California QSO Party (CQP) is on October 3rd and 4th, 2020.  Save the date!  You will not want to miss out on all the action and fun!!

Very much like Field Day this year, the CQP has a club ranking.  Every log submitted will help SFARC make the top of the list.  SFARC needs you!

If you would like more information, check out their website at www.cqp.org.

Brian, AI6US, and I have already registered the W6EK callsign as a Multi/Multi station.  That means, if you are not a General or Extra, but want to get on HF or get into radiosport, you can join us near Robinson Flat campground, more info to come.

Save date!  Let's put SFARC at the top of the leaderboard for CQP 2020!

Hello Everybody!

The California QSO Party (CQP) is only one week away.  YIKES!!

This is a great contest to get your feet wet in Radio Sport.  It is the one time of year the rest of the country and Canada wants to hear from California and there will be plenty of action!!

El Presidente Brian, AI6US, and I will hoist the W6EK callsign and run a expeditionary portable contest station.  Location is still up in the air, with the forest closures and all, but we have narrowed it down to somewhere along Foresthill Divide Road, i.e. Mumford Bar Campground, or I-80, i.e. Blue Canyon Airport (Blue Canyon is the front runner at the time of this writing).  If you would like to help out the W6EK team, and we especially need CW operators, you are whole heartedly invited to join us.  Please let me know.

You CAN help the team from home!  The CQP has a Club category.  Every log submitted on behalf of SFARC will be combined with ours for a Club score.  If you only have a few hours or just don't want to make the trip, operate from home!  Last year SFARC ranked 12th in the small club category.  In 2018, we ranked 6th!  Help us climb back on top, plan to work the California QSO Party!

No idea where to start?  Need help?  Feel free to give Brian, AI6US, Dennis, WU6X, or Me a call and we will gladly get you pointed in the right direction.  Working a contest is easy and action packed.  Even with S&P you can expect an easy 15 contacts per hour.  During heavy times, i.e. at the start and ends of the contest, that number can be 25-30 per hour.  I encourage you to give it try!!

The CQP rules and other excellent information is on their website at http://cqp.org/index.html

Looking forward to hearing you on the air!

Herb - KM6JBI

Should I add this to the main page on our website?

~Herb

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020, 8:48 AM Orion, AI6JB <ojendres@...> wrote:
[...]

Good Afternoon Everybody!

If you took pictures during the California QSO Party, we would sure love to get a copy for the Club's Photo Gallery.

Please upload your photos to https://www.dropbox.com/request/JNkxCELlRPgHBG0trooo

Thank you!!

Hey Everyone,

There is still time to submit your logs to the CQP.org website.  The deadline is Monday, October 26, 2020, 23:59 UTC.

If you worked the contest, for even a little bit, the Club can sure use your help.  Submitting your log is real easy: Simple as 1, 2, 3.  Step 1, follow this link:  http://cqp.org/logsubmit-main.html, Step 2, fill out the online form, and Step 3, upload your Cabrillo file.

If did your log by hand or used a spreadsheet, here are a couple of online utilities to create a Cabrillo file:  http://robot.cqp.org/cqp/cabmaker.html  or  http://www.b4h.net/cabforms/cqp_cab3.php

When you submit your log to CQP, please credit "Sierra Foothills ARC".  Thank you!!