Topics

Call For Volunteers - Enduro Radio Support #enduro

Michael - N6MRP

Our Club has provided radio support for many years to the California Endurance Riders Association, also known as the Enduro. These rides are held on Georgetown Divide, east of the town of Georgetown.

This year, there are two events on the same weekend.

May 5 (Saturday) is the Crazy Miner event. We need to staff four stations.

May 6 (Sunday) is the Fool's Gold event. We need to staff five stations.

This is a great event to test your radio skills in the field!  Please let me know if you're interested in volunteering for one or both events.

73

Mike KK6GLP

Volunteer Events Coordinator, SFARC

Greg D

Interested.  That weekend is near my daughter's birthday, so not sure if other plans might take precedence.

You get second priority... :)

Greg  KO6TH

mrprry2@... [w6ek] wrote:

Our Club has provided radio support for many years to the California Endurance Riders Association, also known as the Enduro. These rides are held on Georgetown Divide, east of the town of Georgetown.

This year, there are two events on the same weekend.

May 5 (Saturday) is the Crazy Miner event. We need to staff four stations.

May 6 (Sunday) is the Fool's Gold event. We need to staff five stations.

This is a great event to test your radio skills in the field!  Please let me know if you're interested in volunteering for one or both events.

73

Mike KK6GLP

Volunteer Events Coordinator, SFARC

John - K6SAT

I'm interested. Contact me for details. AI6TV

mrprry2@... [w6ek] wrote:

Our Club has provided radio support for many years to the California Endurance Riders Association, also known as the Enduro. These rides are held on Georgetown Divide, east of the town of Georgetown.

This year, there are two events on the same weekend.

May 5 (Saturday) is the Crazy Miner event. We need to staff four stations.

May 6 (Sunday) is the Fool's Gold event. We need to staff five stations.

This is a great event to test your radio skills in the field!  Please let me know if you're interested in volunteering for one or both events.

73

Mike KK6GLP

Volunteer Events Coordinator, SFARC

Mike -

IFF there would be a need for NVIS at the event, and (of course) at least one other person to do it, then I would be willing to be the other end of the link from my home and then relay back to net control via VHF.

- Jef  N5JEF

#NVIS

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:23 AM, AI6US ai6us@... [w6ek] <w6ek@...> wrote:

Hello Mike,

Please put me on the list for both days.

Have the ability to put a 2m dipole or 5 element beam up to 45' from ground mount or a wire j-pole as high as any tree permits at 65 watts. Would prefer to work portable near the truck for power, but could provide seld-contained if off-road location requires something more portable. Heard there were a few signal challenged locations and could work HF NVIS if needed.

(916) 770-7751