From: Bob Naylor
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 7:40 PM
Subject: Re: [W6EK] Re: Field day

Jim, I can use either the 1 5/8 inch or the 2 3/8 chain link fence posts.  I would like a piece of each.  They only need to be a couple feet long at the most.
Yes I would like to come take a look at what you have.  I can't come tomorrow (Sunday) but maybe next week after work.
I do not have internet at home (I'm at the local coffee house now) but I'm sure I can get you on the radio.
Thank you very much!
Bob  WE6C

From: gregoryd99 <WU6X@...>
Subject: [W6EK] Re: Field day
To: W6EK@...
Date: Friday, May 18, 2012, 6:32 AM

Okay, so I assume the "4 or 5 guys" it takes is to put the antenna on the tower? When I see 4 or 5 guys required I just assumed "heavy lifting" required. :-) Whatever, I'll be connecting up the router and getting everyone's laptop sync'd which will take about an hour too ... no heavy lifting required! I've just come through another 3 months of therapy on my back due to helping a vendor at one of our construction sites lift something. Sorry, but I must stick to the "brain lifting" at this point in my life.

--- In W6EK@..., Bob Naylor wrote:

> Good morning all,
> The North Hills Radio Club has offered us to use any of their antennas for field day.  They have beams etc including a 2 element 40 meter beam.  We could rule 40 meters with that antenna!  We would have a pile-up just as if we were rare DX!
> I have a portable military tower that can go up in an hour with 4 or 5 guys, a few more wouldn't hurt.  This is something to think about.  I also would want a commitment from several to help take it down on Sunday.  The tower has the capability of rotating with no effort at all so we could literally work every field day station from San Diego to Seattle during the daylight hours and then the entire country at night!
> This would take some planning since it is a guyed tower which would take up some space if we decided to go with this.Just thought I'd put the thought in everyone's head.
> 73, Bob  WE6C

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: