Re: What kind of antenna is this?

Aaron K6ABJ

If its not being used for anything, I am seeing a proposed site for a Ham Repeater.

Aaron, K6ABJ

On Nov 23, 2021, at 3:46 PM, Greg - KO6TH <ko6th.greg@...> wrote:

Yikes! If not an audience, apparently not the FCC either. You might try to let the station manager know. That behavior isn't good for anyone.

Greg KO6TH

On November 23, 2021 3:36:24 PM PST, Smitty - K9CCO <K9CCO@...> wrote:
The lightning protection was a long shot. There is a wire going from that top diving board to the bottom.  I have never seen a ground plane at the top of a tower like that, interesting.

The station is at around 115% modulation and sounds terrible and the FM (located in the same building) has the AM signal about 10dB down on their carrier, totally audible with the music.  I honestly wonder if anyone listens to either of these stations. :)

--
This space for rent...