Re: What kind of antenna is this?

Greg - KO6TH

If you look to the immediate right of he tower, I believe there's a wire between the two "diving boards".  Perhaps that thing on top is its ground plane, aimed a reducing the radiation lobe that would otherwise go skyward?

A lightning rod would go vertical, not horizontal.

Greg  KO6TH

Smitty - K9CCO wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

So I did some sleuthing and found what looked like a house at the base.  It looks like a MW antenna 1360AM.  The mystery has been solved.  However the antenna at the top is still a mystery to me as I don’t think the one at the top is medium wave. Is that just lightning protection?

--

73's

Smitty K9CCO