Jamboree On The Air (JOTA) 2021 This Saturday!

Orion - AI6JB

Jamboree On the Air, or JOTA, is the largest Scouting event of the year and perhaps the largest amateur radio event!!

2 million scouts in over 171 countries are expected to participate this year's annual event.  The Sierra Foothills ARC, Sacramento Section of the ARRL, and Samuel F. Morse ARC are coming together once again for this yea'r JOTA.

We will be setting up a station at the Eternal Flame event hosted by the BSA Gold Empire Council, Pioneer District, in Rio Linda, CA.  We can expect 20-30 scouts between the ages of 10 and 17 to drop by our station.

Setup starts around 07:00 on Saturday, October 16th, so we can be on the air by 10:00.  We will be on the air at least until 14:00 or until the scouts stop coming.

The current plan is to run at least three stations:  VHF/UHF, HF SSB, and HF CW.

If you would like to help out please let me know.

If you would like to know more about Jamboree on the Air, JOTA, check out this website:  jamboreeontheair.weebly.com