Re: 2021 CERA Enduro pictures - Net Control

Aaron K6ABJ

Dave,

The mast and tripod I use for most of my portable operations is the MFJ-1919EX and the Antenna is like Greg said, a Diamond X50 I am very happy with these products and can definitely recommend them. A tripod like those used for an Audio Speaker will also work, but sometimes the diameter isn't quite the right size for the mast, just something to think about.

Aaron Jones, K6ABJ

    ajones@... | Mobile: 916-715-7328

On Mon, May 17, 2021, at 11:00 AM, David McBrayer wrote:
Greg, KO6TH -
Re the photos you posted from the NC Station 2021 CERA Enduro.  Images 02and 03 include parts of two antenna supports.  One looks like the tripod support for what would otherwise be a speaker used at an outdoor concert and the other appears to be made from 1/2- or 3/4-inch PVC irrigation pipe.  Please inform me re the origins of the bases and the antennas they support.  I'm the new guy here, so be gentle. 😀😀

73 de

Dave  N6OJJ

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 9:53 AM Greg - KO6TH <ko6th.greg@...> wrote:
Hi folks,

Fun event, for sure!  A lot of noise when the bikes were around (and
these were supposedly the quiet ones), but very peaceful when they
weren't there.  Light breeze, periods of direct sun but mostly light
shade through the pines.  Lots of dust.

Radio operations were fairly normal, trying to keep track of the riders
when the sweeps failed to show.  The event course wasn't published for
security reasons, and the very few who did have access to it only had a
piece of the picture.  One broken bike, and two that ran out of gas,
giving locations that had no correlation to points on the Forrest
Service map.  I'm really curious about the back-story of the place
called "Rock Lobster".  A few random non-participants on the trail
causing confusion.  Fortunately, no injuries, and I don't think they
lost anybody (though a few apparently discovered some "alternate paths"
between a couple of the checkpoints).

I remembered to take some pictures this time.  Here are some views of
the Net Control station that I operated with Aaron, K6ABJ.

Greg  KO6TH

Attachments:
NC Station 2021 CERA Enduro 01.jpg: https://w6ek.groups.io/g/sfarc/attachment/7428/0
NC Station 2021 CERA Enduro 02.jpg: https://w6ek.groups.io/g/sfarc/attachment/7428/1