For EEs that have run out of things to read...https://w6ek.groups.io/g/sfarc/files/RDF%20Project%20Files/base%20station%20electronics.pdf
Any inputs/refinements to the RDF electronics?
- I usually put a Nano footprint on the board so that a Nano can just be plugged in. Should it be shield instead?
- I used a 555 as a DC/DC voltage inverter to generate -12V. Why not an LDO? Cost. The 555 circuit is cheaper.
- Not sure a LP filter is needed. I wanted some type of buffer for the audio therefore rather than a unity gain buffer decided might as well make it a Sallen-Key LP with an Fc of around 700 Hz.
- Integrator to shape antenna pulses -- with the slow rise time there should be no need for a PIN diode. Thoughts?
- Have made no attempts to separate ground domains (rf, digital, analog). Should we separate ground domains and place mecca ground at the DC input? I think not critical but...
Anyone have their CNC setup to route PCBs? I damaged stepper motor on mine so need to fix. If you have such a capability let me know & I'll send over the Geber and PCB blank.
Thanks in advance for your inputs.