Re: Low cost HF Rig you can build #howto

Phil - KM6NFS

Edited

Hi Jon

Thank you so much for mentioning the TunaTinS! I hadn't seen the December QST because I joined ARRL in January. I had stumbled across Ed Hare's TunaTin2 in the May 1976 issue of QST when I was a youth. I made a photocopy of it and had done nothing with it for decades. Last year, I ordered the parts, but haven't had time to complete it. When thinking about the crystal oscillator, I figured it would be more fun to use an Si5351 than a crystal. This is what I've got mocked up so far.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that they're doing something very similar in the TunaTinS article in the December 2020 QST. I'm looking forward to reading the article and seeing how they did it.

73

Phil KM6NFS