Re: Using a CB Antenna with an SDR receiver #antennas #elmer #howto #elmer #howto #antennas

Jef - N5JEF

Joshua -

What kind of CB antenna did you get?  Probably a mobile?  Full quarter-wave whip, or loaded?

What do you want to receive?  I'm guessing not CB?

For receive-only, you can use almost any piece of wire to receive.  How long, how high, what kind of counterpoise will all be factors that depend on what bands you want to hear.

- Jef

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 12:54 PM Joshua - KK6VHH <besneatte@...> wrote:
I have an SDR dongle and I just got an MCX to SO-259 adapter....

The dongle is receive only, I have a CB antenna, will that work?

Do I need to impedance match if I am just receiving?

Can I use Rev.C coax?

Maybe I an bring this up at tonight's net?

--
KK6VHH - Joshua

piratesinteepees.org
youtube.com/piratesinteepees