Re: FCC License Fee Proposal Comment #QST

Michael - N6MRP

Thanks to Dennis WU6X for the suggested comment, and to Bob K6UDA for the instructional YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75MAqATRYg

I have submitted my comments.

Mike N6MRP

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 12:40 PM Dennis - WU6X <wu6x@...> wrote:
My comments to the FCC proposal. Feel free to copy and paste into your comment to this proposed change.

"I am strongly apposed to the proposal to charge a fee for amateur radio licenses. Amateur Radio plays a significant role in providing disaster communications support throughout the USA. Most amateur radio licensees are of an age where it is becoming more difficult to participate in these events, making attracting new licensees of primary importance. This new generation will be significantly impacted by a licensing fee and would likely not pursue an amateur radio license at all. I am deeply concerned that the effect of a fee will significantly reduce the number of amateur radio candidates coming from generations to come, and recommend no fees be charged."