Re: Fun with comets

Phil - KM6NFS

Edited

Nice images, Greg and Jeremiah. I can really see the curve of the tail in them.

I'll add to the parade of comet pictures.

I had missed the ISS passing in front the tail on Saturday. But on Sunday, as I was setting up my camera I noticed a satellite moving through the sky. I quickly snapped a couple of pictures, and later that night when I downloaded the pictures I found that one of them had the satellite and Neowise in the same frame. I looked up satellite passes for that night on heavens-above.com, and discovered that the satellite was in fact, ISS. If you're wondering about the squiggly line, it's because the camera's shutter mechanism caused my flimsy tripod to shake!

73

Phil KM6NFS