Re: W2MWK Field Day 2020 log

Richard - AA6RS

Greg,
I was going to work in some 2m ssb contacts but the thought of a manual entry made me think twice. As it is, I generated a “dupe sheet” from the n3fjp results and attached it to the entry form. But I can’t submit! Don’t know why. Anyone have suggestions?

ARRL ought to give a trophy if you work all sections.

Rich AA6RS

Richard Snyder

m  510-918-3409

AA6RS@...

               "In small things considered is the world revealed"

On Jun 28, 2020, at 12:04, Greg D <ko6th.greg@...> wrote:

 Hi Mark,

I'm trying to figure out the log thing too, combining what WSJT-X created with what I have on paper from phone contacts.

One note on your submission...  The club is Sierra Foothills ARC.  Foothills should be plural.

Good luck!

Greg  KO6TH

Mark Koehler W2MWK via groups.io wrote:

Orion,

First thanks for the help and pointers in getting started in my first field day. It forced me to learn a lot about my radio and setting up an adhoc antennas for HF. I built a modified Fan Dipole that gave me 40m, 20m and 15m access to a limited degree. I could not generate enough signal to punch through the noise. But I learned that with a pile of speaker wire, some PVC and a lot of patience you can make an HF antenna which was a lot of fun.

As to the log,

I tried submitting through N3FJP, file->write Cabrillo so I clicked that and it says they don’t want that so I don’t know. I’m just skipping the whole ARRL submittal thing, sorry, just too confusing for a first timer.

The log (see attached) generated by Cabrillo(?) does not seem to have what you needed.  I grabbed a list from N3FJP that seems to have what you needed, pasted it into Excel and attached it here. Hopefully that is okay.

I show 5 contacts, I also touched base with Brian a couple of times over the 24 hours, which reassured me that I was actually transmitting ;>}

Thanks so much for pulling this all together and answer my questions.

Mark W2MWK

Koehler