From: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io <sfarc@w6ek.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis - WU6X
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2020 17:56
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: [from W6EK Groups.io] WU6X - ARRL Int'l DX Contest CW

This was a fun, casual contest for me!! ... Everyone on the band was looking for a US station. I worked Search & Pounce for most of the 5 hours I was on, then called CQ the last 2 hours, after I had pretty much worked everyone calling CQ and picked up a bunch more. Lots of interesting contacts this year, and one "all time new one" for me, Guernsey, and island in the English Channel, between England and France. Lots of big DX stations with BIG antenna farms too. So, you don't have to have a big station for this contest, just good ears to sort out the pileups.

Some notable contacts you don't typically hear unless there is a contest were: Croatia, Madeira Island, Cayman Island, Curacao, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Bosnia, Bulgaria, French Guiana, Guam, Latvia, Lithuania, Martinique, Montserrat, Poland, Scotland, St. Kitts & Nevis, and many, many more EU.

I ran 200w to an end-fed long wire from a remote in Richmond, VA to rack up:

183 Contacts
53 Countries on 6 continents
40,404 points (but whose counting?)

So, you can join in the fun on March 6th for the SSB version and have some fun trying to understand all those interesting accents. Well, that's the beauty of CW ... no accents!