1:1 Choke Location on Beam Installation

Brian Gohl - AI6US

Prepping to permanently install the hexbeam at my home QTH this weekend and researching the install location of the 1:1 line isolator choke.

I understand that it is recommended to install the choke at the antenna feedpoint, but I am looking for guidance on instead placing the choke inline at an alternative location below the flexible coax rotor loop. Are the any issues to consider if  installing the inline choke at the top of the tower then running a flexible coax approximately 6 feet up to the hexbeam feedpoint? Working 6m - 20m bands on the hexbeam, would the jumper length between the choke and hexbeam feedpoint have any influence? Would a 6' vs a 6" jumper have any effect on interaction (common mode???) if a VHF/UHF antenna were to be co-located on the tower?

Mounting the hexbeam's 1:1 balun choke in this location will reduce the number of connectors on the tower to transition from the flexible rotor loop coax to the stiffer LMR400. The choke would be able to dual purpose as the coax transition barrel.

Thanks for any advice!