Re: Jamboree On the Air (JOTA) 2019 - October 19th

Orion, AI6JB

Good Morning Everyone,

I meet with Troop 22's Scoutmaster, Greg Kramer, at Gibson Ranch Park yesterday afternoon.  What a great site!!  See the pictures in the Jamboree On The Air (JOTA) sub-group.  We have plenty of green grass to spread out with open areas to erect antenna masts and even a few trees to hang an antenna or two.

Greg has a guy who will setup solar power for us to use and they will provide lunch!!

They now have over 200 scouts registered to attend!!  I was so excited that I told him to advertise we will be there.  We agreed SFARC would have a JOTA station running from about 9:00 to 15:00.  We can start setup on Friday at 16:00, maybe a little earlier (he will let me know).

Our JOTA station will be a part of a larger BSA Scouts event called The Eternal Flame.  They will be retiring American Flags non-stop starting at 20:00 on Friday, 10/18/19, night until 10:00 Sunday, 10/20/19.  He said you are all welcome to come watch at anytime.  Gibson Ranch Park is located in Elverta, CA.  If you point your GPS to 8554 Gibson Ranch Park Rd, Elverta, CA 95626, it will get you very close to our position.

If you are interested in coming on out or working a station, please let me know or subscribe to the JOTA Sub-Group.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.