Re: Jamboree On the Air (JOTA) 2019 - October 19th

Orion, AI6JB

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking Recreation Park in Auburn would be our JOTA site for this year, until I received a phone call this morning from Troop 22 in Antelope.  They host a Scouting event each year called The Eternal Flame at Gibson Ranch Park.  They retire American Flags non-stop starting Friday evening until Sunday Morning on the same weekend as JOTA.  In addition to flag retirements, the will many other scouting activities on Saturday, e.g. merit badges, tomahawk throwing, etc ...  They were hoping to offer Amateur Radio.  Currently, they have about 100 scouts registered to attend and are expecting 200 in the end.  Scouts typically come with friends and family, so the total attendance will be north of 200.

I will be meeting the Scout Leader tomorrow afternoon to walk the site.  If it proves to be viable, would you all be willing to drive to Gibson Ranch in Elverta?