Subject: Re: Community Radio
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 21:58:01 -0700
From: Tom Twist <FireSafe@...>
To: Alan Thompson - W6WN <alan@...>

Yes, it is part of our county's emergency plan.  The sheriff can and will comment that it is an important part of our communications and will ask that it be retained.  Our repeater sites have not yet been targeted for removal, as far as I know.

-t

On 9/29/2019 9:14 PM, Alan Thompson - W6WN wrote:

WoW!

Tom, that's cold and a real drag.

Weren't there some recent, official recognitions by FEMA/others about the important role of Ham Radio?

http://www.arrl.org/news/states-counties-municipalities-recognize-amateur-radio-s-contributions-in-advance-of-field-day

What happened to Cal Fire's Volunteers In Prevention Programs?

https://www.fire.ca.gov/programs/communications/volunteers-in-prevention/

Notify the ARRL and the Section Manager about this. This should be right in their wheelhouse.

Find out who is this person's boss...

Best Regards,

Alan - W6WN