California QSO Party (CQP) 2019 #contest

Orion, AI6JB

Hey everyone!

The California QSO Party (CQP) is coming up on Saturday and Sunday, October 5-6, 2019.

This is a 30 hour HF CW & Phone contest.  It is very busy and an absolute blast to be a part of.  Never a dull moment.

Everyone is invited to come.  Tech, General, Extra, beginner, or pro, it doesn't matter.  We love contesting so much, we want to share with everyone.  We are glad to show you how to contest like a pro and will be at your side to coach and mentor you.

The W6EK CQP Expedition Contest Station will be near Robinson Flat at the end of Foresthill Road about 45 mins from Auburn.  We plan to start setup on Friday afternoon on October 4, 2019, and camp there over the weekend.  You can rough it with us at the site or camp at Robinson Flat Campground with toilets and water.  Or just joins for a few hours.  You being there will make it that much more fun.

Depending on how many folks respond, the current plan is to have up to two (2) ICOM 7300s with antennas for 160m, 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, and 10m.  Last year's crew:  Bob, K6UDA, Peter, WB6POT, Glenn, KM6RGQ, Gary, KC3PO, and Al, NI2U, scored 57,232 points which was a Placer County Multi/Multi Low Power Record and 1st Place.  We Ranked 3rd in all of California for the M/M non-expedition category.

As a Club, Sierra Foothills ARC did very well.  Four (4) members submitted logs for a combined total of 82,762 points which placed us 9th overall in the Small California Club category.

W6EK and SFARC can be competitive!   All we need is you to be on the team.  If you are interested in taking part, please let us know.

Go Team!!