Re: Summits on the Air (SOTA) Activation Tomorrow

Richard - AA6RS

Jef
What a great idea!
I would be happy to help in anyway I can.

Rich.  AA6RS

Richard Snyder

m  510-918-3409

Meadow Vista

AA6RS@...

               "In small things considered is the world revealed"

On Aug 11, 2019, at 08:30, Jef - N5JEF <jef@...> wrote:

It occurs to me that in regard to emergency preparedness, it could be valuable (and fun) to create a compendium of SOTA activations covering all peaks in Placer-Nevada-El Dorado counties. Describing not only the simplex contacts and various repeater coverage from the peak, but also the best route and how long to get there.

It's not hard to imagine a wildfire or other emergency taking out a vital repeater and Incident Command scrambling to figure out the best practical/accessible location for a portable repeater or even simplex relay from peak to peak.

I know I'd like to see this resource. Maybe SOTA would inspire some to contribute to it...?

- Jef N5JEF