SpaceX Launch

Carl - WF6J <caschultzca@...>

Edited

Photographer friend Ronnie Johnson went to the launch of the SPace X vehicle.

Begin forwarded message:

I went to Titusville to watch the launch of SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket with Crew Dragon Capsule on a test mission to the International Space Station.  On board the capsule is a dummy astronaut named Ripley.  Ripley is wired with many monitors to collect data in preparation of human flight.

The launch was flawless at 02:49 AM this morning.  I was surprised with the attendance of onlookers.  US-1 was basically closed northbound.  It was literally a parking lot.

I was surprised the launch happened with all the lightning activity in the area.  But it was a beautiful, thrilling sight.