Google wins FCC approval to keep developing radar-based hand sensor 1/2/19

Scott M Vogelsang

Project Soli can operate at higher power levels than currently allowed.
https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/02/google-wins-fcc-approval-to-keep-developing-radar-based-hand-sen/
This is one of many near-field RF projects being developed for industry and consumer products. This particular development uses the 60 GHZ band and was operating at less than -100 db RF power at the source. No reference to what the new ERP is allowed.
Like WiFi routers in ham bands using RF chip sets, I hope there is technology to open the software on new tech to allow greater application in ham bands... much like the emergency data nets on ham bands, by hams, in the SoCal area.  At these frequencies I don't believe there are restriction on the modulation mode.