From: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io <sfarc@w6ek.groups.io> On Behalf Of Greg D
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 10:39 AM
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io; k6udaradio@...
Subject: Re: [w6ek] Field Day Goals and objectives #poll

Hi Bob,

Choice #3 depends on the relative availability of points-driven and casual operators to utilize both sets of station(s).  One could also have a choice of casual operating overall with one station set aside for points, or some combination of the two.

Is that the intent of #3?

Greg  KO6TH

Bob Brodovsky wrote:

A new poll has been created:

As we get closer to Field Day 2018, the FD committee is busy getting things planned. One of the perpetual questions we have is what are our goals and objectives for the big ham radio holiday. We seem to vacillate between being a point driven contest style event or a social hangout and bbq event. I thought I'd put up a poll to find out what the general membership wants to get out of FD this year.
The question is: Should FD '18 be a points driven event allowing operators who want to drive Q's stay on most of the radios for the majority of the event to "win" or do we want to set time limits on all or most of the operating stations to let casual operators a chance to make a few QSO's during the peak hours?
So please click your preference. I'll submit the results to the next FD committee meeting.

73,
Bob K6UDA

1. Let's be in it to win it. - Let the contesters run it like a DXpedition
2. Let's make it more of a social event with casual operating and no objective.
3. Set aside one station for casual operators and have the remaining stations reserved for a points driven objective.

Vote Now