Re: 2m J-Pole?

Mark Graybill

Nice, thanks.

I'll take a look at some pictures of this on the 'net, too.

Mark G., W8BIT
Electronics, Books, Video Games, etc.

On Jan 19, 2012, at 8:01 PM, gregoryd99 wrote:

FYI, to get a good match you should also feed it with a 1:1 balun. The balun can be made up of a length of coax, 26-1/2 inches braid-to-braid. Roll the coax into a coil and solder all the braids together. One end of the coil's center conductor should attach to the feedline center conductor, and connect to the driven element. The other end of the balun (center conductor) goes to the long element. In otherwords, the braid (ground) is not connected to the antenna. Slide the connection points up/down for a 1.1:1 match.