Re: 2m J-Pole?

Mark Graybill

Sounds great, thanks a lot.

I was thinking of attaching it to a piece of antenna rope and seeing how far up I can get it in the blue spruce outside my window.

Thanks,

Mark, W8BIT
Electronics, Books, Video Games, etc.

On Jan 19, 2012, at 9:35 AM, Bob - K6UDA wrote:

Mine is very simple. Made entirely from 1/2 inch copper tubing. Plans are readily available on the internet. Just type in copper J-pole plans into a search engine. The base of mine is made long (2 feet extra) and I've got it clamped to my chimmy with a metal strap and muffler clamps. I've used LMR400 feedline on mine because the 100 ft run created 12db loss using rg59.

For a copper j-pole, you'll need 6 ft of tube, 2 solder caps, 1 tee, 1 90 elbow. You'll also need a pl-259 connector and a hunk of conductor wire. minus the feedline, about $25 at home depot.

Happy Hunting,

Bob