From: Bob - K6UDA
Subject: [W6EK] Re: 2m J-Pole?
To: W6EK@...
Date: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 9:35 AM

Mine is very simple. Made entirely from 1/2 inch copper tubing. Plans are readily available on the internet. Just type in copper J-pole plans into a search engine. The base of mine is made long (2 feet extra) and I've got it clamped to my chimmy with a metal strap and muffler clamps. I've used LMR400 feedline on mine because the 100 ft run created 12db loss using rg59.

For a copper j-pole, you'll need 6 ft of tube, 2 solder caps, 1 tee, 1 90 elbow. You'll also need a pl-259 connector and a hunk of conductor wire. minus the feedline, about $25 at home depot.

Happy Hunting,

Bob

--- In W6EK@..., "Saundby" wrote:

> Bob, I think you mentioned a 2m j-pole you use to me at the meeting. I wonder if you can tell me some more about it, like construction details, how you've got it hung up and how it's working for you.
>
> I'm going to be trying again soon to get some 2m SSB out of here, too (with a quickie horizontal Yagi, I'm looking at the j-pole for FM), it turns out the feedline I used the first time had a kink in it where the center conductor pushed through the foam and into the shield, shorting it out. I'll be cutting it off at the kink, rechecking it, then putting a new connector on when time allows.
>
> Mark, W8BIT

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: