Group DescriptionMISSION STATEMENT
The Sierra Foothills Amateur Radio Club of Auburn, California was founded to support and promote the Amateur Radio Service. We are a voluntary, non-profit association of FCC licensed amateur radio operators and others who share interests in developing and promoting the knowledge and advancement of operating techniques and the technical skills related to radio communications.
We accomplish these goals through training and practical experience in the Amateur Radio Service, participating in public safety exercises, and through emergency preparedness and international goodwill. We are an Amateur Radio Relay League (ARRL) affiliated Special Service Club.
Messages are viewable and searchable by all members. However, posts by non-members of SFARC are moderated and some areas are not accessible until you join Sierra Foothills Amateur Radio Club. We expect all subscribers to this Groups.io to post and act responsibly. Posts should be related to amateur radio in some manner.
- Please respect your fellow members' time and attention: strive to be clear, concise and courteous. Our subject matter naturally includes matters of opinion; if you happen to disagree with another member please do so without being rude. Personal attacks are not allowed. Solicitations, other than amateur radio items for sale, are off topic and will be deleted without comment.
Attachments are allowed and the judicious use of screen shots and other illustrations is encouraged!
All email sent directly to SFARC is moderated. This is done to avoid malicious attachments, spam, off-topic messages, and messages from spoofed or compromised mail accounts. Despite these measures, be aware that the bad guys are clever so there's no guarantee that we'll always succeed; you are encouraged to be vigilant against any and all threats arriving via email. Your SFARC moderators make no guarantees regarding the safety of emails arriving from this or any other Groups.io address.
Monthly meetings are held on the 2nd Friday at 7:30pm in the basement of the Auburn City Hall. Everyone is welcome at our meetings. More information about SFARC and public content can be found at our website: w6ek.org
- 120 Members
- 2,206 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group and sender.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.