Topics

Wikis and the CQP Wiki Page #cqp

Orion, AI6JB

Edited

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I started experimenting with the Wiki feature in Groups.io.  It is on the menu to the left at the bottom.

Wikis are the simplest of webpages.  No programming or webpage experience required.  All you need are the most rudimentary typing skills.  The idea behind Wikis is to create pages in a collaborative environment.  That means if you want to add something to an already existing post, you are encouraged to do so.  Have an idea for a topic about contesting.  Create a page with your thoughts or comments.  Then others can add to it.  This is a great way to share your experiences, what works or doesn't, and your information about radio sport.

To get the ball rolling, I created a page about the 2018 California QSO Party Expedition.  I thought we could document all the details about our event.  If you see something missing, let me know or better yet, add it yourself.

I hope you enjoy it!

Orion, AI6JB

Dennis - WU6X

I’m wondering if everyone can add to it, or just moderators. 

Dennis
530-305-0180
iPhone Mobile

On Aug 14, 2018, at 12:43 PM, Orion, AI6JB <ojendres@...> wrote:

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I started experimenting with the Wiki feature in Groups.io.  It is on the menu to the left at the bottom.

Wikis are the simplest of webpages.  No programming or webpage experience required.  All you need are the most rudimentary typing skills.  The idea behind Wikis is to create pages in a collaborative environment.  That means if you want to add something to an already existing post, you are encouraged to do so.  Have an idea for a topic about contesting.  Create a page with your thoughts or comments.  Then others can add to it.  This is a great way to share your experiences, what works or doesn't, and your information about radio sport.

To get the ball rolling, I created a page about the 2018 California QSO Party Expedition.  I thought we could document all the details about our event.  If you see something missing, let me know or better yet, add it yourself.

I hope you enjoy it!

Orion, AI6JB

Orion, AI6JB

Edited

I am hoping they can.  I changed the permissions for the ClubContest subgroup to allow subscribers to view & edit

I am also hoping it doesn’t affect the main group.  Can you check to see?

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.

From: ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io <ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis - WU6X
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 14:58
To: ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ClubContests] Wikis and the CQP Wiki Page #cqp

Dennis

530-305-0180

iPhone Mobile

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I hope you enjoy it!

Orion, AI6JB

Dennis - WU6X

Edited

Oh, that should do it. Good call ... let's see if that works.

Dennis, WU6X

From: ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io <ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io> on behalf of Orion , AI6JB <ojendres@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 4:34 PM

I am hoping they can.  I changed the permissions for the ClubContest subgroup to allow subscribers to view & edit

I am also hoping it doesn’t affect the main group.  Can you check to see?

Orion Endres, AI6JB

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.

From: ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io <ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis - WU6X
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 14:58

Dennis

530-305-0180

iPhone Mobile

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I hope you enjoy it!

Orion, AI6JB

Dennis - WU6X

Great job on the Wiki, Orion. It seems to be working great!!
73, Dennis

Orion, AI6JB

Thank you !

Feel free to add your insights to contesting or any other helpful information.

I am hoping we can get some experienced contesters to post some of their strategies, tips, and hints.

Orion Endres, AI6JB

Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 08:28

Great job on the Wiki, Orion. It seems to be working great!!
73, Dennis