Topics

State QSO Party Challenge

Orion, AI6JB

Folks,

There is a new challenge in the works just announced on the ARRL Contest Journal.  It is called the State QSO Party Challenge and it starts this year 2020!  This challenge encourages Hams to enter as many State and Province QSO parties as possible.  Hams will be recognized for achieving 5 levels:  Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond.  All you have to do is work a contest and log your score on 3830.com.  You do have to work at least two parties and make at least two contacts.  By the way, the Bronze level score is 100 points, e.g. 50 contacts in 2 contests.

Your score is calculated by taking the total number of contacts and multiplied by the number of contests you work.

Now I know what you are think "But, if I work the W6EK station at CQP, I won't be able to get credit for that!".  Not to worry, they thought about that.  Each operator listed under the W6EK or any other multi-op station, will get credit for the total number of QSOs divided by the total number of operators.

For more information, check out their website at http://stateqsoparty.com/.  They have 47 approved QSO Parties listed on their website.  The first three are the BC, Vermont, and Minnesota QSO Parties on the weekend of February 1.

This looks like a lot of fun.  Hope to hear you on the air!!
73
Orion, AI6JB