Topics

California QSO Party Team Meeting #cqp

Orion, AI6JB

Thanks for the heads-up.  We will schedule accordingly.

Good thing we moved the site to Penyrn.  It will shorten up your drive.

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.

Oh Rats! I have a schedule conflict! My wife reminded me just today that our annual Spaghetti Feed Fund Raiser is Saturday, October 06, and I'm the Auctioneer. I'll be totally out of commission Saturday from noon on.

I can still get gear to you, and show up Sunday. Truly sorry for the last-minute notice.

--

Best Regards,

Alan Thompson - W6LAN
enior Technician
El Dorado Networks

Alan - W6WN

Oh Rats! I have a schedule conflict! My wife reminded me just today that our annual Spaghetti Feed Fund Raiser is Saturday, October 06, and I'm the Auctioneer. I'll be totally out of commission Saturday from noon on.

I can still get gear to you, and show up Sunday. Truly sorry for the last-minute notice.

--

Best Regards,

Alan Thompson - W6LAN
enior Technician
El Dorado Networks

Orion, AI6JB

Excellent news on the tuner.

Biggest news coming out of the meeting last night is we decided to switch the QTH to Bob’s house in Penryn.  We are meeting at his QTH after the breakfast on Saturday to look at antenna and shack layout.

While we miss out on the Zero Noise feature of the Lake Valley Reservoir site, we get the opportunity to have CW operators drop in for a few hours and restroom and cooking facilities.  Plus, Bob will let us use his K3s station, hex beam @ 45’, 7300, and internet.  That opens up spotting and propagation services.

More info to come in the minutes.

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.

Yes, I have an SGC MAC 200 Tuner/Multi-switcher with one balanced line connect and three coax connects. Rated to 200 watts.
I also have two portable antennas I'll bring just in case, a Ventenna HPf Multi-band Vertical/Dipole: http://ventenna.com/HFp-V.html and a portable OCF Multi-band dipole (the one Brian strung up for me in the dark :)
--
Best Regards,

Alan Thompson - W6LAN
enior Technician
El Dorado Networks

Alan - W6WN

Yes, I have an SGC MAC 200 Tuner/Multi-switcher with one balanced line connect and three coax connects. Rated to 200 watts.
I also have two portable antennas I'll bring just in case, a Ventenna HPf Multi-band Vertical/Dipole: http://ventenna.com/HFp-V.html and a portable OCF Multi-band dipole (the one Brian strung up for me in the dark :)
--
Best Regards,

Alan Thompson - W6LAN
enior Technician
El Dorado Networks

Orion, AI6JB

For those who cannot make it to tonight's meeting, here is the agenda and hand-outs.

I'll try to get minutes out tonight, but no later than tomorrow night.

73
Orion, AI6JB

Orion, AI6JB

I am sorry we will miss you!!

Yes, we are planning on using your 7300.  Do you have a tuner?

Currently I am planning on running generators.  So we wouldn’t need the solar panels.

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.

Sorry to miss the meeting. Keep me informed.

Are we using my 7300?

I plan on bringing up my solar electric system, FWIW.
--
Best Regards,
Alan Thompson - W6LAN

Alan - W6WN

Sorry to miss the meeting. Keep me informed.

Are we using my 7300?

I plan on bringing up my solar electric system, FWIW.
--
Best Regards,
Alan Thompson - W6LAN
enior Technician
El Dorado Networks

Orion, AI6JB

Yes, I changed to Monday.  Sorry for the confusion.  Monday is better for Gary.