Re: California QSO Party Site Selection #cqp

Brian Gohl - AI6US

Stampede (Sierra County) would be fine as option E. Easy access and nice location. I understand that it has been a site for several past CQP expeditions and my concern is that another op or ops will be there.

Best Regards!
Brian Gohl - AI6US

On Jul 16, 2018, at 4:28 PM, Dennis - WU6X <wu6x@...> wrote:

Well, option E can have a view of the lake, I suppose. Don’t let me sway your plans, please pick something everyone will participate in, preferably with no mosquitoes?

Dennis - WU6X/4
530-305-0180
iPhone Mobile

On Jul 16, 2018, at 6:24 PM, Orion, AI6JB <ojendres@...> wrote:

Clearly you don’t like Option Alpha …  with a VIEW!  😉

I think we should throw Location Echo up for consideration?

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.

From: ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io <ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis - WU6X
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 15:36
To: ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ClubContests] California QSO Party Site Selection #CQP

First of all, CQP is not about the "view", it's about the "county" you are in ... the rarer the better. Stampede Reservoir is in a very rare county, Sierra, where there will likely be no one or maybe one other station on which means ... PILE UP! and lot's of fun contacts and probably a 1st place ribbon in the County.
So, I will suggest Option E to the Organizers ... good camping and lots of trees to put up wires.
I will be in Siskiyou County, another rare one (a 1st place last year), so sorry I cannot assist this year ... except to give you a contact. :-)
Last year's stats attached for target QSO counts ... Good luck!
73, Dennis - WU6X

Join ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.