Re: California QSO Party Team Meeting #cqp

Orion, AI6JB

Excellent news on the tuner.

Biggest news coming out of the meeting last night is we decided to switch the QTH to Bob’s house in Penryn.  We are meeting at his QTH after the breakfast on Saturday to look at antenna and shack layout.

While we miss out on the Zero Noise feature of the Lake Valley Reservoir site, we get the opportunity to have CW operators drop in for a few hours and restroom and cooking facilities.  Plus, Bob will let us use his K3s station, hex beam @ 45’, 7300, and internet.  That opens up spotting and propagation services.

More info to come in the minutes.

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.