Re: California QSO Party Site Selection #cqp

Brian Gohl - AI6US

Hello Dennis,

We are considering going multi-multi this year using the club call with multiple operators and multiple stations. Placer County had no multi station entries last year and we were thinking that with multiple operators, traveling and participation might be better if we keep it close, but away from the noise.

--
Best Regards!
Brian Gohl - AI6US

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:35:59 -0700, Dennis - WU6X <wu6x@...> wrote:

First of all, CQP is not about the "view", it's about the "county" you are in ... the rarer the better. Stampede Reservoir is in a very rare county, Sierra, where there will likely be no one or maybe one other station on which means ... PILE UP! and lot's of fun contacts and probably a 1st place ribbon in the County.
So, I will suggest Option E to the Organizers ... good camping and lots of trees to put up wires.
I will be in Siskiyou County, another rare one (a 1st place last year), so sorry I cannot assist this year ... except to give you a contact. :-)
Last year's stats attached for target QSO counts ... Good luck!
73, Dennis - WU6X

Join ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.