Re: California QSO Party Site Selection #cqp

Dennis - WU6X

First of all, CQP is not about the "view", it's about the "county" you are in ... the rarer the better. Stampede Reservoir is in a very rare county, Sierra, where there will likely be no one or maybe one other station on which means ... PILE UP! and lot's of fun contacts and probably a 1st place ribbon in the County.
So, I will suggest Option E to the Organizers ... good camping and lots of trees to put up wires.
I will be in Siskiyou County, another rare one (a 1st place last year), so sorry I cannot assist this year ... except to give you a contact. :-)
Last year's stats attached for target QSO counts ... Good luck!
73, Dennis - WU6X

Join ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.