Re: California QSO Party Site Selection #cqp

Orion, AI6JB

Gary,

I added it to the map as “Juliet”.  Looks like it is about 2-1/4 hrs, 105 miles from Auburn.  Per SARTopo, it is in the Tahoe National Forest, Sierraville District.  I would give them a call to find out about access.

To get the profile in SARTopo.com, all you have to do is right-click anywhere on the map and select Measure -> Profile.  Now left-click the starting point for you profile line and then double left-click the end.  A new window will open up with the profile.

If you want the version I emailed previously, click the “expand” button in the upper right corner.  Enjoy!

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.