Re: California QSO Party Site Selection #cqp

Orion, AI6JB

Gary,

We drove farther south down the road to the saddle.  There weren’t any “pull-outs” so we would have to make our own.  I think we should avoid disturbing new land if at all possible.

We spent the weekend a Alfa.  That location would be nice, but with less room to move around.  The under-brush is thicker there which made erecting antennas more difficult.

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.