Re: California QSO Party Site Selection #cqp

Orion, AI6JB

Gary,

We drove farther south down the road to the saddle.  There weren’t any “pull-outs” so we would have to make our own.  I think we should avoid disturbing new land if at all possible.

We spent the weekend a Alfa.  That location would be nice, but with less room to move around.  The under-brush is thicker there which made erecting antennas more difficult.

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.

From: ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io <ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gary KC3PO
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2018 14:33
To: ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ClubContests] California QSO Party Site Selection #CQP

OK, yes, that profile looks good... but I was thinking more of the ground effects involved. Directly to the east of Bravo is a south facing slope that would tend to bend our lobes to the south. I don't have a good seat of the pants feel for how dramatic the effect would be... just going by the theoretical physics.

600m to 700m due south of Bravo looks much more favorable from this aspect, at least. I see the road goes down there, so it should be just as accessible - but no idea if it has the other positive attributes of a good site.

- Gary

Join ClubContests@w6ek.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.