Re: California QSO Party Site Selection #cqp

Orion, AI6JB

Hi Gary,

We are looking at site “Bravo” for the 2018 CQP.  It is located here on SARTopo at this link: https://sartopo.com/m/UBC6.

This site has a 1,500’ – 1,800’ drop-off within 2 miles.  The next higher terrain is 14 miles east.  The take-off angle works out to .9 degrees.  See attached profile.

While not as good as Leviathan Peak in Alpine County where we had 4,000’ drop to the east into the Antelope Valley in Nevada and no higher terrain within 50 miles.

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.